Friday, November 22, 2013

Friendsgiving 2013





 I hosted the first Friendsgiving brunch this week.   It was a chance to get together and enjoy a peaceful morning with a few friends before the craziness of the holidays begins.  I think technically Friendsgiving means having Thanksgiving Dinner with your friends, but I thought brunch the week before sounded like a fun twist.  
It is potluck style,  so I encouraged my guests to bring something they have been dying to try. Maybe something fancy that their families would never eat, or a trial run on a new recipe for the holidays.  I had them let me know what they were bringing to make sure we didn't have only muffins and to help me decide what to make.


As hostess I also provided the drinks, a clean house and a cute baby for entertainment.  We had really yummy food and it was fun to hear how Thanksgiving ttraditions are so different for everyone.  And even though our views on turkey are different we all agreed that we are already looking forward to our new tradition of friendsgiving.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails