Friday, October 1, 2010

Dresses for Finley

{Darin will be our featured artist at Greenies this month for First Friday.  Come and check it out tonight from 5-8.  His display amazing!}

A few weeks back while I had my booth set up at the Richland Farmer's Market.  I got to chatting with Erin who also recently moved here from Colorado.  She had the best bag!  Anyways she asked me to make a few dresses for her cutest girl Finley.
   I couldn't resist taking pictures in the gorgeous sunlight this morning.  Pretty dresses hanging in the sunlight.  Little things like that make me happy!
Erin wanted fun and colorful and little bit funky.  I think we are a perfect fit!  I used some of my favorite fabrics of the moment.  Momo Wonderland is on the left and Heather Bailey Pop Garden on the right. 
 I used Hunky Dory for this one.  Ok.  So maybe the sunshine wasn't a great idea.  You can't fully appreciate the colors.  This one is SO pretty.  Each pattern I used is one that is one that Finley can wear for at least a year.  As she grows they will stretch, turn in to tunics and be cute forever!
This was a new style for me. And a new favorite.  They have a flat front and then the back of the chest piece is shirred so it will stretch as she grows.  The left dress is Kleo in black {an all time favorite} and the oh so cute deer fabric from Michael Miller on the right.  

Do you think she'll mind if I recreate them all for Ivy?!

DON"T FORGET TO ENTER THE DW PHOTOGRAPHY GIVEAWAY!  IT ENDS SOMETIME TODAY!  JUST LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE GIVEAWAY POST HERE OR SCROLL DOWN A LITTLE BIT!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Those dresses are amazing Jenn! I love the colors you used. What a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so ridiculously cute! I can't believe how talented you are. Where were you when my girls were little?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! you had BETTER make some for ivy. how sweet they are! i totally miss when my daisy was small enough to pull those darling styles off. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all those tiers and the purple. such a versatile little dress that can be worn year round. have you posted your dress prices before jenn?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Jenn, those dresses are seriously adorable! When little Molly comes I think I may have to pay you to make her some too! So cute...you have such talent. I especially loved those dresses you made from the outgrown onesies a while back..how hard were those to make?

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails