Monday, January 18, 2010

Heading in to week three

The Eating from the Pantry Challenge is still going strong around here.  Darin even said he hasn't noticed a difference.  If anything he probably likes it better since I am more likely to cook rice.   I tried the Fried Rice from the BHG cookbook (you know the one with the red checks) and it is definitely a keeper.  I had some thawed out pork roast left from the Green Chili I made so I cooked that up with it to make it a meal in one.  That cookbook is quickly becoming my favorite and I'm not entirely sure why I haven't turned to it more often.  We also got invited to peoples house for dinner twice so that was two less meals I had to make.  Yay!  Tonight I am excited to try out the Bisquick chicken tenders and we are going to have some sweet potato fries and applesauce.  Here's some other stuff I'm thinking about having this week...
-Enchiladas (and a quesadilla for Ivy)
-Twice Baked Potatoes
-Salmon and Rice
-Breakfast for dinner
-And pulling a turkey out of the freezer that I stocked up on during the holidays.
We are on our last box of cereal so we have been having some fun breakfasts also.  I made English Muffin Bread for toast and blueberry muffins.  I stocked the freezer with blueberries this summer.  There is an awesome organic blueberry farm a few miles down the road that is U-Pick.  It was one of our favorite things to do.  I think they probably should have weighed Ivy before and after though.  I'm sure she ate about a pound of blueberries every time we went!  The only thing we'll have to get this week is bananas and maybe some more grapefruit.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails